Monday, May 18, 2009

Comment by a local re ANL VCAT SYR

We are regularly affected by foul, noxious, nauseating to the point of vomiting, odours emitted from ANL’s site, whenever there is a breathe of wind from that direction the odour towards our home invading our airspace to such a degree that it is so unpleasant that we are driven indoors, needing to close all windows and doors and vents from ducted systems and still the odour invades our home. Sometimes we need to make the choice to get out of the area for a few hours respite. When time permitted I have made numerous complaints to the Shire of Yarra Ranges and the EPA of some incidents, especially when they have been extremely noxious which unfortunately has been all too regular an occurrence.

I am often embarrassed to have to tell visitors to our home from interstate and intrastate, at times overseas visitors when they asked “what the foul odour was” and explained that we’ve been subjected to this over a few years now and how adversely it has affected our health and leisure times.

My health has been affected adversely in many ways, my sleep has been interrupted as I’ve been woken due to coughing episodes from foul odour entering through our bedroom window, I’ve woken too many times to sore eyes from the air quality among other things and this was never an issue prior to the facility opening. I really enjoy gardening as a hobby and so often when I had a ½ day to spend in this manner it was ruined because of the foul odour making it so unpleasant I was driven indoors or away from Coldstream altogether.

No comments: