Thursday, February 25, 2010

Forget Expanding Coldstream

by JASON DOWLING AND DEWI COOKE the AGE 25/2/2010
and see if you come up with the same view as me.


Mario's prediction: 

Forget Expanding Coldstream, expect more dual occs.

Now that expansion of the UGB is dead I predict that Coldstream will not grow in any direction outside its UGB, however, I predict that new houses will spring up in the estate.  Since there is no land left then look for a flood of dual occs in the area.

Blame all levels of government for this, stating with the local SYR council and then all political parties in the State system, Labour, Liberals and Greens.

Tell your kids that they will probably never be able to afford a house as house prices are expected to rise because of the shortage of land.  

I know people who save enough for a deposit and while they save, the deposit amount increase because of the rapid rate in house and land prices.  They can never achieve a deposit as the deposit required just gets bigger and bigger.

I also predict more high rise developments and I would not be suprised to see high rise appartments in Chirnside Park and Lilydale soon.

What I find amazing is that the Yarra Ranges is only about 5% residential the rest (95%) is rural or forest.





No comments: