Thursday, December 03, 2009

Minister alters view on sprawl


Minister alters view on sprawl 

JASON DOWLING  December 3, 2009  The Age

PLANNING Minister Justin Madden has conceded there may have to be changes to Melbourne's urban growth boundary.

Less than a month ago, Mr Madden predicted that the boundaries would not be moved ''in my lifetime''.

'There are anomalies that come up from time to time and we have to deal with them,'' he said. ''There are logical inclusions [of land] that might need to be considered.''

'I am willing to look at that and develop a body of work around that, because I think there is a need for it, because I get a growing sense that there are from time to time local governments and landholders who believe there should be some slight adjustments,'' he said.

To read the full story click on the TITLE above.



COMMENT:  Does this give the go-ahead to start a serious discussion on increasing the UGB around Coldstream 3770.  I think it does!



No comments: