Thursday, February 17, 2011

Storm Damage in Coldstream AGAIN




Hi, my name is Julia Lamonica and I live at 80 Station Street Coldstream. Tonight we have just had a good 15 men and women from the SES and local Fire Brigade work tiressly to help save our house from being flooded again (as it was two weeks ago in the storms).
The reason for this email is to inform you of the neglect that we believe we have had from the shire and to get something happening to resolve this problem we are now faced with.
The property across the road and to the right of us is continuing to dump dirt on their site, without a permit. There has also been no allowance for drainage and residents have made complaints to the council on their activities in the past (obviously nothing has been done about it as trucks continue to dump dirt there). Now that the land is flat (and has no drainage), the slightest downpour of rain now sweeps down towards the residential side of the street, flows across the road, fills the creek and any pits, drains, roads and holes and then runs straight into my property.
To make matters worse, there is no drainage in the street and our house can not cope with the amount of rain that is now coming through. We will now need assistance every single time it rains until this problem is fixed.
My newly renovated house now has no carpet in the kids bedrooms and the master bedroom and all the flooring in the lounge, entry, hall and study needs to be removed and replaced. My Insurance premium will now Increase and I am not only inconvenienced by now having to clean up all the dirt in my carport and invite swarms of strangers in for repairs and quotes, but I am down $300.00 each time I make an Insurance claim. My backyard now has make shift trenches, everything is covered in mud and we have already lost one day of work and another tomorrow as my husband can not go to work having had only 4 hours sleep.
I have attached some photos for you to look at from the events tonight (and the rain wasn’t even that bad). Photo number DSCF6870 is of the water that is coming from the property across the road.
Me and my neighbours have had enough of not being heard so I wish to call a meeting with the council and Janette Mcrae so that we can get this problem resolved. I would appreciate a reply by close of business Friday. By then, if I am still unheard I will start voicing my concerns and disappointment to the media and other parlimentry and government bodies.
I hope that this email gets through to somebody that can help us and get some Action happening as this Winter is going to be a very wet one for my family and I’m sure the SES and Fire Brigade have better things to do than to keep guard of my house.
Yours sincerely,

Julia Lamonica
Mob:


Comment:  Added fro an e mail sent

1 comment:

Coldstream-Weather said...

Another 'unusual' rain event. 54mm of rain in the Coldstream Estate between 7 PM and 11 PM on Wednesday evening 16/2/2011.
Coldstream Estate Weather.