Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jeanette McRae - Pulls out of the Election




I have devoted the past seven years to serving my community and the broader municipality as the Ryrie Ward Councillor. I believe that there comes a time when it is necessary to refresh not only oneself, but to allow the opportunity for others to represent their community. For me that time is now and I will not be restanding as a candidate in the October 2012 elections. I have valued the opportunity to have provided strategic input into the direction for the Shire of Yarra Ranges; to make a difference; to have forged some strong friendships; and to have tested my levels of resilience in rising to the challenges and opportunities that have occurred. I am grateful to have been part of a great team and would like to acknowledge my colleagues who have all contributed to the wellbeing of our municipality and to whom I wish well. I would also like to acknowledge our officers who are dedicated, knowledgeable and who also are mainly local residents. Community members – I hope that I have served you well as your community representative – thank you for entrusting me with this role. I have learnt a lot. Finally and most importantly, I would like to thank my family – your support has been immeasurable. We live in a place of great beauty and it is critical that we care enough to protect and nurture this through our actions.

TAKEN FROM FACEBOOK

No comments: